|General disclaimer – Content disclaimer – Legal disclaimer – Medical disclaimer – Risk disclaimer|
In its encyclopedic function, Wikilook contains a lot of articles on a vast array of topics. A relatively small fraction of these topics are frequently censored by educational, governmental, corporate, parental, and other filtering schemes.
- Some Wikilook articles discuss words or language that are considered profane, vulgar, or offensive by some readers. See Wikipedia's Profanity for more information.
- Articles may contain audio, visual, or written representations of people or events which may be protected by some cultures.
- Wikilook contains many different images, some of which are considered objectionable or offensive by some readers. For example, some articles contain graphical depictions of violence, human anatomy, or sexual acts.
- Many articles contain frank discussion of controversial topics. Some subjects that are discussed have criminal applications in some jurisdictions. Others contain information on dangerous or otherwise risky activities (see Wikilook:General disclaimer and Wikilook:Risk disclaimer).
- Wikilook contains spoilers.
- Wikilook may contain triggers for people with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wikilook may contain images and videos which can trigger epileptic seizures and other medical conditions.
- Since Wikilook is open to contributions from the public, there may at any time be graffiti present on Wikilook.
- There may be medical, legal or other information that is normally also the subject of professional opinions; Wikilook is not a substitute for seeking the help of a professional. Please note: Wikilook does not give legal advice or medical advice.
Wikilook's current policy is to include such content, provided it breaches neither any of Wikipedia's policies (especially Wikipedia's Neutral point of view) nor the laws of the state of Texas in the United States, where Wikilook is hosted. See Wikipedia's a list of controversial issues for some examples of articles that may contain such content. Some of these articles contain warnings, but many do not.
In any case, Wikilook is a work in progress, and many articles contain errors, bias, duplication, or simply need tender loving care. We encourage readers to help us fix these problems. The great majority of articles are written primarily or solely by individuals who are not subject matter experts, and may lack academic or professional credentials in the area.
Wikilook contains obscure information that would not be covered in a conventional encyclopedia. Wikilook's coverage is based on the interests of its volunteer contributors. Readers should not judge the importance of topics based on their coverage in Wikilook, nor assume that a topic is important merely because it is the subject of a Wikipedia article.
See also: Wikipedia's Verifiability.
This page was modified for use at Wikilook. The reason for modification is to adapt the Wikipedia's Content disclaimer to fit Wikilook purposes. Content changes to original Wikipedia's Content disclaimer can be tracked in the article history. This Content disclaimer is a valid even if it is still draft and needs to be improved. Feel free to propose and discuss necessary changes.